Monday, September 9, 2013

Wildcat Snooze Button


This blog posting is a tad off the normal topic of sailing, cruising, living aboard, and exploring but it is tinged with purple....Wildcat Nation purple so it still fits in here!!  Check out the below You Tube video first.

No wonder I like my snooze button so much.  It was invented by a K-State Alum.  Love it or hate it, millions of people have been able to get a few more minutes of sleep each morning because of the snooze alarm.  I actually never used my snooze alarm until I got to college at KSU and my freshman roommate introduced me to the wonderful world of 9 more minutes of sleep aka the snooze button.  I thought this was so kewl that I hit the web to do some further investigating about Herbert Dimond.  Fascinating guy.  Check out the car he built.
K-State alum Herbert Dimond in his homemade car
This article tells more if you want to know about this clever K-Stater.  I realize all colleges have interesting alum.  I just thought I would make you aware of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment