Monday, September 2, 2013

Splice This

Just a tad bigger than 10 gauge!
As part of our marine electronics upgrade we have been doing some cable splicing.  Luckily we are under the watchful eye of a master marine electrician and learning tons!  All the proper ways to connect stuff up in the marine environment - above and beyond typical level of connecting stuff.  Very kewl!!!  So back to the splicing.... silliness over took me the other night at Home Depot when I spotted this little ole cable laying in the sale bin.  "Let's splice this up to the helm instead of the 10 gauge we spliced up today!" 
Stocking up to start our own company - NOT!!!!
Then the real silliness set in and I began stocking up to open our own company.  We were sober (honest) but very tired and slaphappy.  A couple of big marine electronic hiccups yesterday and today knocked my cocky little behind to the ground so to speak so our All Your Marine Electronics Solutions Here shingle will have to wait for now.  BIG roll eyes!  Actually it's been good.  Challenging, puzzling, frustrating, and crazy but good.   

1 comment:

  1. Reminds me of when I had to rewire Bright Star after the starter motor fire. Went all over town looking for the right size of wire(s) per ABYC. "What do you want that for? Nobody uses ABYC!" I just looked at the guy and sad, "Yeh, and I'm rewiring after an electrical fire..." Paid almost as much for the tools as the wire, 00 wire is a bear.

    ReplyDelete