Monday, September 2, 2013

I Dream of NMEA

Old NMEA

First you must get the theme song to "I Dream of Jeannie" in your head.  Have you got it?  If not, click HERE to listen to it.
N2K - the T looking things
We are upgrading some of our electronics.  This means we are dealing with NMEA 0183 (or old NMEA as I prefer to call it) and NMEA 2000 (N2K).  These are marine networks. It's been a bit....challenging to keep it all straight in terms of what gets plugged into what and where.  I have literally been dreaming NMEA for the last couple of nights and thus the theme song "I Dream of Jeannie".  However mine is I Dream of NMEA and it's been playing in my head as we work to connect everything up correctly...old and new NMEA. 
*Yes, I often have theme songs playing in my head depending on the situation("Everything Must Go" by Steely Dan for when we were moving out of our house), location("Thrift Shop" by Macklemore and Ray Lewis as I made multiple trips to donate our clothes this past spring), or person/persons ("Plans for Nigel" by XTC  when reading Nigel Calder books!).    

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget "Lively Up Yourself" (Marley) for those mornings where you just face day x of dealing with y.

    ReplyDelete