Monday, September 9, 2013

Vinegar


For those that don't know, vinegar is a fabulous multi-use product. The BEST in my opinion.  There are tons, and tons of uses, especially on a boat.  I use it for almost everything.  We have three small spray bottles dedicated to vinegar.  One in each head.  We give a few spritzes in the head after each use and for general cleaning.  The other bottle is in the galley for use there as well as around the rest of the boat.  Vinegar is an awesome tool in fighting mold and mildew and removing any mold that is already there.  It's a deodorizer for shoes, foulies, laundry, upholstery and just about any other application where odor is an issue.  There are so many applications, they just go on and on.

We have gallons onboard.  In fact I freak out if we have anything less than 4 gallons.  Anytime I am at the store and see a gallon, I generally pick one up just in case.  Yes, our boat smells like salad dress at times because of the vinegar use. 

And yes, I am sort of like the father figure in "My Big Fat Greek Wedding"....(Gus Portokalos played by Michael Constantine) with his Windex except mine is vinegar.  It flat out works.  If your bored or just dying to know, click the links provided above and peruse the wonderful world of Vinegar.  In the mean time, I must hop on my bike and get to the store for more vinegar.  With only 2 gallons left onboard, we are in emergency mode "PAN PAN."  

1 comment:

  1. Vinegar would have kicked the crap out of that dinghy scunge you had to deal with a few weeks ago

    ReplyDelete