Sunday, October 28, 2012

Lifeproof iPad Case - 4 Proofs

Big instructions right on the case itself
For my birthday earlier this month, Larry (the cat) and Tom got me one of these kewl cases for our iPad.  *And yes, poor Tom has to deal with both my birthday and our anniversary in one month.  However, he always handles them both like a champ.

These cases are amazing.  Water proof, dirt proof, snow proof and shock proof.  If you haven't seen them, you MUST check out the company video.  The CEO does some talking about the product and then promptly shows you how the cases can take water, dirt, snow and shock.  The shock is a bit of shock when watching as the CEO just drops the iPad while talking.  It's an OMG moment. 
Submersion test
I will confess that it took me a few mins to even figure out how to open it.  Hey, it didn't open easily and I was afraid I would break it before I even had a chance to use it.   I've done that before on a few items.
I used a jar to keep it submerged for 30 mins
I did read the instructions carefully and watched a You Tube video on how to start using the case...mainly because that was funny.  One of the first things you do is test to be sure it's water proof.
Drying off the outside - moment of truth....
Not with your iPad in there but a piece of plastic.  Submerge for 30 mins.
DRY inside
If you have installed everything correctly and closed it up right, it should be bone dry inside and ready to use.
Proper alignment is important each and everytime
The key is two, yellow rubber gaskets.  One on each side.  It was a bit weird at first having the screen exposed.  I had a screen protector on it previously.  And I have not felt the need to take it with me when I soak in the hot tub just to prove a point that it is water proof.  I did put it in the case for the last trip down to the boat as sort of test drive.  I hope to never really HAVE to test it out....as in accidentally dropping it or putting it where Mother Nature can test it....but on the other hand, life happens.
Leaves on the deck are the extent of my testing so far
It's been in this case ever since.  I like the feel of the case.   The rubber keeps it from sliding around on surfaces.  I like the toughness of it.  Various iPad charging cables fit differently.  One is very tight.  Another works easier.  My auto charger won't fit work at all.  After several weeks of use I can report two thumbs up so far.    

1 comment:

  1. Jeff has to deal with my birthday and our anniversary on consecutive days! He does pretty well, though.

    ReplyDelete