Friday, October 19, 2012

19 Years of Adventures

Fits on a 5 gallon bucket
Tom and I celebrated our 19th wedding anniversary this week.  We decided no big "impact gifts" were necessary.  We would just cook a nice diner at home (steak and lobster) and relax.  Tom brought home some beautiful flowers for me.  Very nice!  I also decided to get a gift.  I looked up the traditional wedding anniversary gift for 19 years, it's something like bronze.  Hum?  I then decided something for the boat would be good.  Yeah, I could get something bronze but we already have a bell, clock and barometer.  Something useful and practical seemed like a better idea.
Handle screws on and off for easy storage
Then it hit me...a wringer.  What better gift to celebrating 19 years together than a wringer!  Get it?  As in "we have really been through the wringer."  Ha!  Actually, we will be using this as a clothes wringer.  I read on another cruisers blog how handy it was to have a wringer on laundry day.  It may not seem romantic but we think it's pretty kewl and are looking forward to testing it out.  We will let you know how it works. 
*By the way....have you ever looked up traditional and modern wedding anniversary wedding gifts?  Check the web.  First year paper,  second year cotton, third leather.  Leather?  WT???  There are some other weird ones in passing years.  So in reality a wringer isn't THAT weird of an anniversary gift is it?

4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary, you two! I love the gift...so practical and a great story. You'll never forget your 19th, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be happy to hear what you think of the Dyna Jet. I've been looking at them seriously.

    Happy Anniversary! Hope you guys have as many happy ones as we have had.

    Deb
    S/V Kintala
    www.theretirementproject.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I AM officially jealous. After a few years of hand wringing our bucket laundry I'm completely envious of your wringer

    ReplyDelete
  4. Update - Dyna Jet is made right here in KC. It's made in this funky little upstairs area of a car wash. I stopped by to investigate but the owner was out. I plan to go back and visit with him. So....stayed tuned for more to come on Dyna Jet.

    ReplyDelete