Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Scrub Scrub Scrub Rise Rise Rise

The white bottle is NOT creamer!
I started the day with coffee (boat coffee is simply the best) and a few interior projects.  The dew finally dried on the deck so I headed outside to begin a thorough scrub down.  All 40 ft x 2 (both sides of the deck, cockpit included) and then the actual sides of the boat.  I had to adjust the dock lines to do the port side-untie, tug in this one, let out that one, more, again, more, again...you get the point.  I used the dinghy, hanging off the toe rail to scrub the starboard side.  Next came the waxing.
Can you see the newly waxed vs non-waxed?
I keep telling myself that I got about 1/3 completed.  But in reality it was probably more like 1/4. More tomorrow.  I finally stopped around 7pm and drug my sunscreen, bug sprayed, wax residue covered self up to the shower. Dinner of (boat made) shrimp and grits revived me somewhat. However my shoulder blades feel like they are fire.  It will be interesting to see if I can even raise my arms above my elbows when morning comes.  Another spectacular sunset with pop up Tshowers.
*Morning has arrived and while I am somewhat stiff, I can actually raise my arms.  The Tshowers flashed lightening all around last night but not a drop fell on s/v Honey Ryder.  But they did bring a slightly cooler weather today and a great morning breeze.  A quick cup of coffee and then it's back to waxing.

1 comment: