Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Nothing Waxing Poetic About Hand Waxing a Boat

Another breakfast of waxing champs
Day 3 of waxing - ugh.  But I am determined to complete this task.  Boat coffee and a smoothie rally me and I hit it hard.  The day is perfect, overcast to the point that no sunscreen or sunglasses are needed.  It was cool enough that I actually started with a light, long sleeve high- tech runners shirt (ha-those that know me are laughing that I have anything "running"....stuff works on boats too).  However I soon shed that. 
Can you see it? 
The starboard side via dinghy turned out to be the bitch I thought it would be using only the dinghy.  However s/v Honey Ryder and I  chatted along as I worked.  She didn't even make fun of my humming and singing to the tunes coming from the cockpit.  She's happy I am doing this.  So am I.  And then I look....can it be?  The stern of the boat?  OMG!  I am almost done.  Wax, wax, wax, go, go, go.   
Looking good

Done!  Ten hours of waxing alone.  Whew!
The tools
Holy crap - s/v Honey Ryder is covered in wax and so am I.  Do you think Madame Tussaud will take me?   

No comments:

Post a Comment