Sunday, June 30, 2013

What about the Sailing

A sunset pic for my sailing Sista
One of my fellow sailing Sistas recently said something to the affect of....."all the projects are great and all but what about the sailing?  When are you getting off the dock?  I want to see more beautiful sunset pics from anchor."  Good question.  While we are anxious to toss off the dock lines and start exploring, we still have a few MUST DO projects that are best handled here at the dock.  We knew and planned on this.  The best part of all is we are not stressed about it.  We don't have anywhere we HAVE to be.  There is no schedule (other than weather).  We don't have to rush to make a plane back to KS for work Monday morning.  *Can you hear the grin in that statement. ** For the record, we did leave the dock last Sunday....to pump out.  I say for the record and I mean it as Georgia has a very antiquated law outlawing liveaboards......which we are NOT fyi -if you are with the Dept of Antiquated laws in GA and happened to be reading this. We are transients merely passing through Georgia and in port for some repairs! 
Moving aboard a sailboat full time is not unlike moving into a new home.  It just takes time.  Additionally, we continue to learn valuable information about s/v Honey Ryder with each project and step of this process of going full time.
***Speaking of antiquated laws -according to security guard and retired police officer Lou, Brunswick GA still has a law on the books that says you cannot be out after midnight on Saturday night if you are ugly.  Wow!  Although I am sure every state and municipality has some old, weird laws left out there on the books.  Hell, some have new weird and wacky laws but now I am off topic.  Back to boat projects.  Enjoy the sunset pic. 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh... that's what I'm talking about! Consider me back in vicarious mode. :-) Cheers, KG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All about you sailing Sista! I am here for you!!! :)

      Delete