Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Liveaboard Mode

Cockpit locker treasures
We have definitely moved into official liveboard mode. 
1.  Most of our stuff is officially stowed - most.
2.  My folding bike -  Ms Moneypenny is up on deck covered with a tarp.  *Things on deck under tarps is a common liveaboard thing.
Running wire for additional bilge pump
3.  Projects are in full swing.
4.  Most of the tools are out most of the time.  *See #3.
No, pic is not turned the wrong way - working on fridge/freezer and solar panel wiring

5.  Project list is growing.  Some are vital, some are would like to do.
6.  We stop and study the contents of the construction dumpster near the bath house each time we pass.  I mean we really look things over good for anything we might need or use somehow.  We are not alone.  ALL the cruisers are doing this. 

Tom has already pulled out one board to use as a mock up on a project.  Luckily he discovered he won't need it after all so back in the dumpster it went for someone else to snag.  (Whew -I was worried about freeloaders hiding in the wood.)   *A couple of the guys here in the marina pull out enough lumber to build herb boxes at the top of two docks.
    

4 comments:

  1. Heheh, this post made me chuckle -- even though we didn't live aboard other than for long weekends and during our one nine-day cruise -- I could relate to a lot of it. And I did think you forgot to rotate the photo of Tom, so glad ya clarified that! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww c'mon guys. Deb will read this and wonder why I'm still on the outskirts of Slackerville. You're making me look bad. I'm going to have to step up my game I guess, or at least get in the game. Tom looks as sweaty as I do, and I'm not doing anything. Those aren't shorty shorts are they? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dude

      Those are totally old school shorty shorts. Tom is bringing them back in style - think "Thrift Shop" song. If you don't know what that is....You Tube it. Side note - I think your stainless polishing counts as game so no worries.

      Delete
    2. Wow. I couldn't pull that off. I need longer shorts to hide my chicken legs.
      As long as he doesn't get too carried away with all that freedom and start sporting thongs, we should be safe to anchor nearby.



      Delete