Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Refrigeration Day


Or how many trips can one couple make to Radio Shack?  Wait.....let's make this a quiz.  What involved 4 trips to radio shack and a new car battery?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?
That would be our (Tom mostly) refrigeration day.  Tom did some great troubleshooting yesterday on why the refrigeration side of the freezer/refrigeration unit might not be working.  He didn't find anything revealing so he called a professional.  Russ and Jeannie King showed up today and the process of elimination began with them....because let's be honest, that is the best way to solve any problem.  Start at the beginning (simple) and work forward. 
Long story short the power line for the refrigerator was suspect because of some splices.  The wire is basically 6 and 4 type telephone.  *That is not what it's called but you get the point.
On what I thought was the last run to RS (what me and the boyz working there now call it) to get more telephone line, 4 pin plugs and yet another connector, I was thinking smugly to myself "good thing we still have the Murano and I am not making this 4th trip on Ms Moneypenny my folding bike."  I quickly grabbed what I needed at RS, paid and jumped in the Murano to head home.  But when I turned the key - NOTHING!  Try again (because we all know that works) NOTHING.  Call Tom on the cell phone = vm.  Call Tom again on cell phone = vm.  Call Tom again on cell phone = he answers and I can hear him telling Russ and Jeannie "good bye and thanks for everything".  I basically yell into the phone "Don't let them leave." 

Cut to chase -they all show up at RS to rescue me.  Super duper corrosion on the terminals ( thanks Nissan for watching that closely given I get my oil changed every 3K - 5K miles  sshesh) and bad battery.  We jump started it and wheeled immediately around the corner into the Sears Auto Care for a new Die Hard battery.  Some of you might be tempted to insert a Ron White Sears Tire and Auto Care joke chain here but the manger himself took care of us immediately so nothing funny to look at here...move along.  
Even still, it turned out to be a good day in terms troubleshooting and things learned.

1 comment:

  1. Whew, I hate it when that happens. Maybe you woulda done better on Ms. Moneypenny! Actually, I had my Honda Element battery die in the parking lot of the vet with no warning whatsoever, and I was also religious about going to the dealer for all recommended oil changes and service. Urghhh... Thank goodness this happened before we sold Barry's truck so he was able to come rescue me. Glad you had folks who could help you out as well!

    ReplyDelete