Sunday, July 7, 2013

Another Step

see ya
We are officially car-less.  Our good friends took off this morning to drive our car back to KC for storage.  This is a big step for us.  I have had my drivers license since I was 14 and a car since I was 16.  While I don't like to think of myself as materialistic, I have always enjoyed my/our cars.  It hasn't sunk in yet but it's going to be a bit weird.
The car in the foreground is waiting for the owners to get to the next stop, then they will come back via rental car to get it
It was surprising to learn how many cruisers coastal cruise and move a car along behind them.  This is certainly one way to do it.  We have decided to go without.
bye
Starting today, walking, biking, public transportation will be our modes of transportation.  Several cruisers have already said we can bum rides with them to the store, hardware store, Grog shop and West Marine.  Cruisers are such good peeps!!

2 comments:

  1. What are you talking about - you have a car with a spare engine - dinghy up kids! :)

    ReplyDelete