Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Boat Pizza

I have been wanting to expand my cooking aboard s/v Honey Ryder to include use of the oven more.  I was apprehensive because it's so small.  Questions swirled.  Would it heat evenly?  Are baking times the same with such a small oven?  How can I keep from burning the bottom?  Will the broil set the whole top ablaze?  But curiosity, love of food and my sailing/blogging friend Deb spurred me to give it a try.  She made what looks to be a fabulous pie this week in her boat oven. 

Boat pizza (homemade) seemed like a good, safe start.  Turned out better than good for a first try.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! Know you're glad you decided to experiment! I'm trying to remember if we ever used the oven on Logos...the burners, yes, but not sure about the oven. Good going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am working up to Barry's yummy pizza.

    ReplyDelete