Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Bamboo Cathedral in Trinidad

Sort of looks like a cathedral

The four seasons we have spent in Trinidad and we have never been to the Bamboo Cathedral.  We had to change that.

Tom had purchased a second hand bike in June 2017 in Trinidad for riding around between boatyards and further afield.  I rented one for a weekend and we rode up to the Bamboo Cathedral.

I can try to explain but pictures are probably the best way to go.

The stands of bamboo are easily 100 ft tall.

Amazing.

And the sound, bamboo makes some weird sounds in the wind.  It takes some getting used to at first.  We are big bamboo fans.



1 comment:

  1. There are a few big bamboo stands along the bike path where we are in Winter Garden, Florida. They sustained some damage during Hurricane Irma, and I was sorry to see a lot of the larger ones snapped off part-way up. I know they are invasive and non-native, but I like the sounds they make in the wind also.

    ReplyDelete