Tuesday, July 17, 2012

HAM Goes to School

Now that I have my HAM license (KD0QAG - but don't try to call me as I don't have a HAM radio at all in KC.  The SSB is on the boat.) I get emails from the Amateur Radio... people.  (*I don't have all the HAM jargon down yet.)  They had a free webinar this evening on the 2012 Hurricane Season.

It was pretty good.  I, along with 300+ other people learned a few things.  I am hoping that we won't have to put any of it to use this hurricane season.
The Hurricane Watch Net
Amateur Ham Radio at the National Hurricane Center

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the HAM license! I'm really enjoying your blog. Our family is just getting interested in sailing and eventually cruising.
    You have a paper plate project showing sails/wind direction from back in September...any chance you could do a tutorial on making that? For the visual/hands-on learner! :)
    Thanks and I look forward to keeping up with your blog.
    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, thanks for the comments. We will try to do a tutorial of some sort. I am a visual learner too. Stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete