Saturday, January 14, 2012

Sailors Are Just Good Peeps

Super sailing sista Deb came to my rescue this week.  She jumped in with both feet to help me procure a folding bike.  "But wait, don't you already have a folding bike you got this past summer?"  Well....I was supposed to have a folding bike but the Craigslist seller turned out to be quite the jackwagon, jerking me around and eventually the whole deal fell apart.
*Hey Mr Jackwagon - don't think I have forgotten about that either!  What comes around goes around bud!

Since then I have been searching high and low for just the right folding bike.  Aluminum, small, low priced.


Then finally BINGO, a good candidate popped up in St Louis.  I drafted a quick email to Deb asking the huge favor....could she take the time to go see the folding bike and possibly buy it for me.  She agreed - because that is what sailors do.  We help each other out!  24 hrs later I have a new folding bike.  Well almost...it's in Deb's garage waiting for me to pick it up.  She said it was no big deal (and in fact she may end up getting one as the guy has another) but it was a really big deal to me and I can't thank her enough.  Super Sailing Chick indeed!  She and her hubby have a fabulous sailing blog that you really MUST check out called The Retirement Project.  Don't miss her Cruising Comforts tab!
THANKS DEB!!!!!!!
The math - one folding bike (shown here), s/v Honey Ryder's crew is 2.  Doesn't that leave us one bike short?  Well no.  Cap10 Tom has decided to build his own light weight, folding bike.  I know....WOW, right?  Stay tuned for more on that project.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I know how frustrating this bike search has been. And can't wait to hear more about Tom's bike build. Whatta brave guy!

    ReplyDelete