Friday, September 16, 2011

Check Out My New Sailing Shoes























Not! Although, we have seen a surprising number of these type of shoes teetering around the the boat show in Annapolis. Generally it's late in the afternoon and the shoes are worn by some obvious deck fluff or even a non-sailing chick that is equally stacked on the top end as well. What?! They have to be to balanced on both ends to keep from heeling over. It's basic sailing balance people! We usually witnessed the wearer of these type shoes parading onto a mega yacht only to see her later ridding piggyback off said yacht on the back some male sailor/sailor want to be...shoes in hand. I guess it's sort of a reefing down maneuver...so to speak.


















These are my current sailing shoes. Keens are great sailing shoes since the soles are non-marking and they protect "this little piggy" (toe/toes) from sailing toe injuries. If you have ever caught or banged your toe on something you know protection is a good think for your piggies.


















However they do give one funny tan marks on your feet.


















Weird tan lines don't bother me in the least but I did catch a customer doing a double take at my feet and the tan marks the other day. The look on her face told me that she was curious and even perhaps a tad concerned but just didn't know how to bring it up in a business setting. She never did. *I bet she washed her hands after we shook hands upon my departure. :)

**Of course the first set of shoes is REQUIRED footwear for powerboat chicks at Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri. Just so you know.

3 comments:

  1. LMAO! I always wore Keen bicycle sandals too, so I know all about the odd tan lines. Down here in Belize I wear many different types of sandals, so my tan lines have gotten pretty blurred. Yours, on the other hand, well, let's just say you might be part tiger. Raarr! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiger? Yikes! How about Wildcat? Yeah - that sounds better here in what is left of the Big 12- er...Big 9? I can live with tan lines like a Wildcat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quickly becoming Big 8, 7, 6, 5.....

    I think we need to get out the paintbrush and self tanner for your footsies.
    Bullet drink/Hot Pocket/Tan Line fixer on the beach.

    ReplyDelete